Durand’s Family Support Services provides assistance to families caring for a loved one with a developmental disability. All referrals for assistance come from the New Jersey Division of Developmental Disabilities, support coordination agencies, and Department of Children and Families. Family support programs include:
Children’s Respite Services
Respite Services give family members time off from caregiving. Durand provides a trained worker or pays for hiring a friend, neighbor or family member to provide care.
Community Based Supports & Individual Supports
Durand’s Family Support Services are delivered 1:1 by our highly qualified staff and include assistance in the following areas:
- Activities of Daily Living such as getting dressed, eating and personal hygiene.
- Increasing Community Participation such as daily errands, attending events, going to a restaurant, purchasing items and travel training.
- Increasing Independence such as helping clients do laundry, cook, clean and grocery shop.
- On-The-Job Support such as safety awareness, using the restroom, attending to tasks and general workplace etiquette.
- Learning Activities such as reading and writing or attending a class.
Durand can find the staff or the family can recommend qualified staff. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age, pass all state background checks and hold a valid driver’s license.
For additional information, please contact our Family Support Department at (856) 235-3540.
Parents know their child best and so we offer to make parents paid caregivers under this program. Contact our Family Support Department at (856) 235-3540 for more information.
Adult Services for Ages 21 and Over
Activities for Differently Abled Children and Adults
Guardianship & Estate Planning
Disability Specific Information & Conferences
Durand Events and Workshops
September 2019 – Stress Management & Mindfulness for Caregivers
October 2019 – Estate Planning Workshop
April 2020 – Guardianship Workshop
May 2020 – Transitioning from School to Adulthood