Durand is a private day school located in Woodbury NJ. Durand serves students ages 5-21 with autism, learning, and developmental disabilities.
The curriculum at Durand emphasizes academics, prevocational and functional life-skills. Secondary students receive vocational training and job sampling. Durand provides speech therapy, occupational therapy, and physical therapy.
Hello! My name is Jillian Bianco. For more information about Durand school programs, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 856-845-0666, ext. 1230.
- NJ Department of Education approval
- Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA)-based instruction
- Job coaches
- Highly-qualified teachers
- Supervision by Board Certified Behavior Analysts (BCBAs)
- Small group instruction
- Data-based instruction and intervention
- A curriculum emphasizing functional academics, with a primary focus on prevocational and life-skills training
- Verbal behavior classroom
- Community-based instruction
- Frequent communication between school, home, and the student’s home district
- An extended school year program
- Occupational and physical therapists
- Individualized and classroom sensory diets
- Prompts for Restructuring Oral and Muscular Phonetic Targets technique for Apraxia, Articulation, and Phonological Disorders
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication trained speech therapists
- In home and community based extended day services
Durand is an excellent program for students with autism and other developmental disabilities. I have been consulting with Durand since the school was called the Sunny Day Program, and each year the program continues to grow and improve. I continue to consult with Durand because of their caring, dedicated staff, and their emphasis on individualized programs for their students. I’m especially excited to be playing an active role in the development of their secondary program.James Ball, Ed.D., BCBA-D
I have been working with Durand for almost 5 years now. Throughout my time at Durand, I have grown to know many of its staff members, as well as work with many students. Durand puts a big emphasis on the services they provide, including: speech therapy, occupational therapy, and physical therapy, as well as behavioral therapy. Due to the increased amount of services provided, and the strong relationships between the service providers and the classroom staff, the students are more likely to reach their goals each school year. At Durand, you will find compassionate staff members who work closely with families and caregivers to ensure students reach their upmost potential.Joyce Kaveney, owner of Speak to Me Kids.